Luxury Vinyl Tile | How it's Made
Luxury vinyl flooring is a layered product construction. The base layer is made primarily of PVC vinyl, which offers flexibility as well as dimensional stability. The decorative PVC film is laid on top of the base layer. The wearlayer is typically a clear vinyl wearlayer and may or may not include a urethane coating that provides superior protection from everyday wear and tear.
There are many advantages to using Luxury Vinyl Tile products. They include the following:
- softer and quieter underfoot
- easy to clean and maintain
- available in a wide variety of styles, colors and sizes
- commercial and residential use
- realistic wood, tile and stone looks
- some tiles have the option of grouting for even more realism
- easier installation than ceramic or stone
- able to replace an individual tile or plank
Clearly, Luxury Vinyl is a flooring product category that offers something for everyone!